From Anne Merry, Cafeteria Manager
Welcome to Andover Elementary School. I am sure you will find AES to be an excellent place for your child to grow and learn. We hope that while your child is a student here, he/she will find the Food Service Program full of delicious and healthy choices to help him/her in learning and growing.
The Department of Food Service offers breakfast and lunch daily. As a participant in the National School Lunch Program, each meal served must meet strict USDA dietary guidelines. Choices of entrees are available each day, including both hot and cold selections. There are also choices of vegetables, fruits and cold milk. While at least five components are offered each day, your child may choose as little as three foods to complete a meal, as long as at least one is a fruit or vegetable. A wide variety of a la carte items are also available for sale including ice cream, juice, baked chips and water. Milk is included with the purchase of breakfast or lunch, or can be purchased separately for $0.50.
Our school district is pleased to offer an online service, FSS positive ID System,* that will allow you to monitor your children’s lunchtime purchases, track what your children have been eating for the past 30 days, make deposits directly into their meal accounts, and have an email reminder sent to you when an account balance gets low. Student debit account deposits can be made through ACH payments. Each child’s account will be updated nightly so that account balance information and payments will be current as of the following day.
In order to take advantage of this convenient service, you will need to create a parent account. This requires you to:
- Go to www.myschoolaccount.com.
- Click “Create Account” on the top menu bar.
- Fill in the required information on the “Parent Account Sign-Up page.”
- Choose <school district> from the “School District” drop down menu.
- Create a User ID and Password
- Click the “Accept” box, and then click “Signup.” An email will be sent to your email address that will contain a “verification code.”
After you receive the “verification code” you may begin to add your children’s information. To do this, you will need to:
- Go to www.myschoolaccount.com and login using your previously created user ID and password.
- Enter the “verification code” to verify your account and email address.
- Begin adding your children’s information according to the guidelines provided. You will need each of your children’s student ID** numbers as well to add each student.
- After the students are added you will be able to view the lunch account activity and make payments to the student lunch account.
- If you have 2 or more students assigned to your account, you may make a payment to each account and only be charged for one transaction. Example; 3 students, $10.00 payment to each student, total charge would be $32.00.
Note: A parent account can be linked to many children, but a child can only be linked to one parent.
We urge you to take full advantage of this system by making deposits into your children’s accounts on a weekly, monthly, or annual basis. You are free to choose the amount of each deposit. Any money that is not spent by the end of the school year will be available the following school year
We are proud of the quality Food Service Program we offer at Andover Elementary School, and we do our best to keep our customers, the students of AES, happy and well fed. If you have any questions about the Food Service Program, please contact the kitchen at 860-742-7339 or the Food Service Office at 860-742-4535.
**If you do not remember your children’s ID numbers, they can be obtained by contacting the school office at 860-742-7339.
School Meals……We Serve Education Every Day!